Pork Belly Burnt Ends on the AKORN
Prep Time: 15 Min | Cook Time: 2 Hrs
- 1 Slab of Pork Belly
- 2 BBQ Rub
- 3 1 Stick Butter
- 4 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 5 Honey
- 6 BBQ sauce
- 7 8 oz Apple Juice
Really just a fancy name for Meat Candy, these Pork Belly Burnt Ends are a great way to try your hand at some smoking techniques. Consider making a double batch because it's all too easy for these the just vanish.
- Remove skin from the pork belly.
- Cut up pork belly in 1.5" squares.
- Set smoker to 250-275F - indirect - add cherry wood.
- Place cubed pork belly pieces on smoker - cook for 1.5-2 hours
- Place pork belly in aluminum pan - pour in brown sugar, honey, and pads of your butter.
- Cover, and place in smoker for another 1.5-2hrs (until about 205F).
- Grab a new pan.. drizzle with glaze(4 oz apple juice 1 cup of bbq sauce) and shake up so they're covered.
- Return pieces to smoker, uncovered for approx 5-10 mins until tacky.