Picnic "Fried" Chicken
Prep Time: 5 Min | Cook Time: 35 Min
- 1 6 bone-in chicken thighs
- 2 3 Tbsp. Chicken BBQ rub
- 3 2 C. dried bread crumbs
- 4 2 eggs, beaten
- 5 ½ C. buttermilk
1. Rinse chicken thighs and pat dry with paper towel.
2. Prepare breading by mixing Chicken BBQ rub with bread crumbs in gallon sized storage bag.
3. Whisk eggs with buttermilk in large bowl until smooth. Dip chicken thighs in egg/buttermilk mixture and evenly coat all sides.
4. Place chicken thighs in bag with breading mixture, seal bag and shake gently to even coat thighs on all sides.
5. Place breaded chicken thighs on a cast iron griddle in the middle of the grill at 375°F for 35 minutes. Chicken thighs are done when internal temperature reaches 165°F.
Recipes developed in partnership with our friends, Ken & Patti Fisher at Date Night Doin’s. Visit their website at datenightdoins.com for BBQ and smoking recipes, videos, product reviews, and all things BBQ!