Peppered Sirloin with Bacon-Mushroom Sauce
Prep Time: 15 Min | Cook Time: 2 Hrs
- 1 (2) 12 oz. sirloin steaks, 1-1½" thick
- 2 ½ lb. baby Portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 3 ½ lb. peppered bacon, chopped
- 4 2 C. beef stock
- 5 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 6 2 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 7 2 Tsp. Steak BBQ rub
- Fry bacon in batches, if needed, in a pan to desired crispness according to package directions, drain grease and chop when cool. Set aside in a medium bowl. Do not wipe pan.
- Add mushrooms to the same pan and sauté until tender, 5-7 minutes. Add to bowl with bacon and mix well. Do not wipe pan.
- Add flour to pan from bacon and mushrooms and whisk into bacon grease. Add garlic and sauté 30-45 seconds, until fragrant. Slowly pour in beef broth and stir continuously to thicken sauce.
- Add in mushrooms and bacon and stir to incorporate.
- Transfer all ingredients to cast iron skillet with beans and mix well.
- Remove pan from heat and set aside.
- Rinse sirloin and pat dry with paper towel. Season sirloin generously on both sides with Steak BBQ rub, or your favorite rub and let rest until meat reaches room temperature.
- Place sirloin directly on the grill at 400°F for 12 minutes per side, rotating a quarter turn halfway through for good sear marks on each side. Meat is done when internal temperature reaches 140°F for medium-rare.
- Remove sirloin from grill and allow to rest for 8-10 minutes before slicing.
Serve with bacon-mushroom sauce and enjoy!
Recipes developed in partnership with our friends, Ken & Patti Fisher at Date Night Doins. Visit their website at datenightdoins.com for BBQ and smoking recipes, videos, product reviews, and all things BBQ!