Recipe:Peppered Sirloin with Bacon-Mushroom Sauce
- - (2) 12 oz. sirloin steaks, 1-1½" thick
- - ½ lb. baby Portabella mushrooms, sliced
- - ½ lb. peppered bacon, chopped
- - 2 C. beef stock
- - 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- - 2 Tbsp. minced garlic
- - 2 Tsp. Steak BBQ rub
1. Fry bacon in batches, if needed, in a pan to desired crispness according to package directions, drain grease and chop when cool. Set aside in a medium bowl. Do not wipe pan.
2. Add mushrooms to the same pan and sauté until tender, 5-7 minutes. Add to bowl with bacon and mix well. Do not wipe pan.
3. Add flour to pan from bacon and mushrooms and whisk into bacon grease. Add garlic and sauté 30-45 seconds, until fragrant. Slowly pour in beef broth and stir continuously to thicken sauce.
4. Add in mushrooms and bacon and stir to incorporate.
5. Transfer all ingredients to cast iron skillet with beans and mix well.
6. Remove pan from heat and set aside.
1. Rinse sirloin and pat dry with paper towel. Season sirloin generously on both sides with Steak BBQ rub, or your favorite rub and let rest until meat reaches room temperature.
2. Place sirloin directly on the grill at 400°F for 12 minutes per side, rotating a quarter turn halfway through for good sear marks on each side. Meat is done when internal temperature reaches 140°F for medium-rare.
3. Remove sirloin from grill and allow to rest for 8-10 minutes before slicing.
Serve with bacon-mushroom sauce and enjoy!
Recipes developed in partnership with our friends, Ken & Patti Fisher at Date Night Doin’s. Visit their website at www.datenightdoins.com for BBQ and smoking recipes, videos, product reviews, and all things BBQ!