Prep Time: 70 Min | Cook Time:
- 1 2 White Potatoes
- 2 Olive Oil - 2 Tbsp
- 3 Caraway Seeds - 1/2 Tbsp
- 4 4 Thick Cut Bacon Slices
- 5 4 Brats
- 6 Medium Yellow Onion - Diced
- 7 Red Apple - Diced
- 8 1/3 Red Cabbage - Diced
- 9 Dijon Mustard - 1 Tbsp
- 10 Sauerkraut - 1/2 Cup
- 11 12 oz German Style Beer
- 12 Fresh Pepper - 1/2 tsp
- 13 Ground Nutmeg - 1/2 tsp
- 14 Fresh Sage - For Garnish, If Desired
Grilled brats, sauerkraut, and German beer in a recipe? Must be Oktoberfest. The yearly celebration of the harvest brings hearty food and lots of beer. This Oktoberfest Skillet recipe is fast, quick, and has all the best of traditional Oktoberfest flavors combined with classic grilling smoke and fire.
1. Preheat grill for medium-high indirect cooking.
2. Combine diced potatoes, olive oil, and caraway seeds in a cast iron skillet. Cook over indirect heat for 30 to 45 minutes.
3. Grill bacon and brats over direct heat. 3 minutes per side.
4. Slice bacon and brats and combine with onions, sauerkraut, apple, cabbage, pepper, nutmeg, beer, and potatoes in skillet.
5. Cook over indirect heat for 20 minutes.
6. Serve with pretzels and beer.