Mozzarella and Peppers Flank Steak Pinwheels
Prep Time: 10 Min | Cook Time: 20 Min
- 1 1-2 pounds flank steak
- 2 Fresh mozzarella
- 3 Red or green pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 4 1 large onion, sliced thinly
- 5 Rub of choice
- 6 2 tablespoons butter
Cheese makes everything better, and that fact applies to our Mozzarella and Peppers Flank Steak Pinwheels. Delicious and cheesy, these pinwheels not only look amazing, but they taste amazing too!
- Sauté peppers and onion in butter. Put into a container. Place flank steak between two pieces of cling wrap.
- Pound steak to an inch in thickness.
- Remove the top piece of cling wrap.
- Slice mozzarella and place on top of the steak.
- Top with sautéed peppers and onion. You may have some leftover.
- Beginning at one end, begin to roll up the steak. Every few inches, tie with butcher string. Continue until the steak is completely rolled.
- Prepare charcoal in charcoal chimney. I prepared an entire chimney. Once ready, I placed prepared charcoal into one side of my Char-Griller Kettle. Once temperature control reached between 400 and 425 °, I placed flank steak onto the grill slightly away from the charcoal. Every 5 minutes, I turned the steak, rotating to each side. I grilled until the internal temperature reached 135°.