Meat n’ Sweet Potato Skillet
Prep Time: 10 Min | Cook Time: 20 Min
- 1 1 Lb. ground beef/turkey
- 2 1 Large Sweet Potato (cubed)
- 3 1 Can Of Corn
- 4 1 can of black beans (Rinsed)
- 5 1/2 sweet onion (Chopped)
- 6 Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 1 Tbsp. of oil
- 9 Optional add-ons: Fresh jalapeno, chopped Avocado (for added creaminess) ,Any sauce of your choice
This Meat n’ Sweet Potato skillet is the perfect camp night medley for any time of the day, featuring a delicious balance of sweet and savory. Make it your own with added toppings and sauces, but this dish can stand on its own. Simple, yet scrumptious.
1. Heat your cooking pan to medium heat. Cook your ground meat until it is thoroughly browned. Remove from pan and set aside.
2. Add oil to the pan and cook sweet potatoes until softened. Add corn, black beans, onion, and season generously with salt and pepper, cooking for about 10 additional minutes.
3. Return the cooked ground meat to the skillet and mix all ingredients completely.
4. Serve with any and all desired sauce or toppings. You can also serve this dish over rice or a salad.