Mango Glazy Smoked Ham
Prep Time: 25 Min | Cook Time: 3.5 Hrs
- 1 Bone-in spiral sliced ham (used 11 ½ pounder)
- 2 Peach & Mango V8 Juice 46 fl Oz (Baste & Spritzing)
- 3 Cajun/Creole seasoning for baste and sprinkle on the ham. Use to taste (Cajun seasoning)
- 4 Honey: for baste. Use to taste
- 5 Light Brown Sugar for baste: 1/4 cup
- 6 Cloves: place on the ham: use to taste
- 7 Deuce’s Wild DQ Glaze: 12 oz
- 8 Red Maraschino Cherries: 1/3 cup juice for baste and cherries for garnishing on the side of the ham.
- 9 Mango Chunks: 2 whole Mangos (Garnishing on the sides of the Ham)
- 10 Toothpicks: for holding the red maraschino cherries & Mango Chunks for garnishing.
- 11 Char-griller Grills Folding Probe & Remote Thermometer: take the guesswork out your grilling session.
- 12 Char-griller Grills Ceramic Akorn Kamado for the Ham & Hybrid Side Burner for the glaze
- 13 Fogo Charcoal Super Premium Lump Charcoal
- 14 Mango Smoking Wood
Perfect for a family holiday gathering, this mango-glazed ham is sure to be a showstopper. We absolutely love the combination of sweet and salty, and we think you will too!
InstructionsHam prepping directions:
- Remove ham from plastic wrap using a paring knife.
- Tip: pat dry the ham with a paper towel.
- Add some of the Peach Mango juice to the pan.
- Place ham in pan.
- Add the Mango Chunks and maraschino cherries to taste on all sides of the ham using toothpicks.
- Add cloves to taste on all sides of the ham.
- Add Cajun/Creole Seasoning to taste.
- Ready to be smoked!
Glaze Prepping Directions in sauce pan:
- Turn the side burner on Medium heat.
- Add 2 cups Peach Mango juice.
- Add 1/3 cup Maraschino Cherry juice.
- Add 1/4 cup of juice from the Red Maraschino Cherries.
- Add ¼ cup Light Brown Sugar for the baste: ¼ cup.
- Add Honey to taste.
- Add 12 oz Deuce’s Wild DQ Glaze.
- Add Cajun/Creole seasoning to taste.
- Combine & stir all items until it lightly thickens. Roughly 6-8 mins on medium heat.
- Set aside and add glaze to the ham about halfway through the cook.
- Tip: add remaining peach mango juice to spritzer for spritzing. Ham can easily dry out, so using the juice and baste throughout the cook helps keep it moist. Use the juice in the beginning to the middle of the cook.
- Fire up the Grill/Smoker to 300°-350° using Lump Charcoal & Mango Smoking Wood Chunks.
- Tip: Maintain your fire temperature at 300°-350° throughout the cook.
- Add ham to the grill/smoker.
- Spritz with Peach & Mango juice roughly every 30 mins from the beginning to the middle of the cook.
- Glaze ham every 30 mins from the middle to the end of the cook.
- Tip: rotate ham every so often to give all sides of the ham an even smoke.
- Cook ham until it reaches internal temperature 140°. Then remove ham from the grill/smoker and cover with foil. Allow ham to rest for a minimum of one hour before slicing.
- Tip: use the Char-griller remote thermometer or folding probe thermometer.
- Remove foil and place ham on cutting board. Slice ham using a carving knife.
- Enjoy your tasty, juicy & tender ham.