Korean Sloppy Joes (Bulgogi Joes)
Prep Time: 30 Min | Cook Time: 20 Min
- 1 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 3 1 tbsp. ginger paste
- 4 1 tbsp. chili garlic sauce
- 5 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 6 1/2 cup water
- 7 4 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 8 2 tbsp. corn starch
- 9 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 10 1 tbsp. hoisin sauce
- 11 1 tbsp. sriracha
- 12 1 red pepper
- 13 1/2 of a red onion
- 14 1 whole green onion
Take your sloppy joes to the next level with these Bulgogi Joes! If you're a fan of bulgogi or sloppy joes, these Korean sloppy joes are a must try for you!
- Start by dicing the red pepper, the red onion, and the green onion into finely chopped pieces.
- Place the ground beef and diced peppers and onions onto your Flat Iron Griddle.
- Season the ground beef with your favorite rubs, I used Gulf Coast Smoke Southern Bell.
- Cook until the meat has browned.
- Once the ground beef has browned, mix in your minced garlic, ginger paste, and chili garlic sauce.
- Cook until fragrant.
- In a separate bowl, mix together: soy sauce, water, rice vinegar, corn starch, brown sugar, hoisin sauce, and sriracha until brown sugar and corn starch are dissolved.
- Pour this sauce over the ground beef mixture and let the sauce simmer and thicken. You can also remove the meat and use the sauce as a topping.
- Top with green onions, fresh cilantro, and/or Asian slaw.
- You can also use this recipe for tacos!