Recipe:Ken's Famous Baked Beans
- - ½ lb. bacon
- - 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- - (3) 1 lb. cans of baked beans
- - 1 Tbsp. minced garlic, or to taste
- - ½ Tbsp. smoked paprika
- - 1 C. brown sugar
- - 3 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- - 2 Tbsp. prepared mustard
1. Drain liquid from baked beans and pour into a large cast iron skillet.
2. Fry bacon in batches, if needed, in a pan to desired crispness according to package directions, drain grease (reserving 2 Tbsp.) and crumble when cool. Set aside in a medium bowl. Do not wipe pan.
3. Sauté onion and garlic in the same pan with reserved bacon grease until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
4. Add crumbled bacon and stir in minced garlic, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and mustard.
5. Transfer all ingredients to cast iron skillet with beans and mix well.
6. Place on the grill at 325°F and smoke uncovered for 2 hours.
Ladle into a bowl, top with more crumbled bacon and serve!
Recipes developed in partnership with our friends, Ken & Patti Fisher at Date Night Doin’s. Visit their website at www.datenightdoins.com for BBQ and smoking recipes, videos, product reviews, and all things BBQ!