Jalapeño Bacon Blanket Poppers
Prep Time: 15 Min | Cook Time: 30 Min
- 1 4 Jalapenos
- 2 Char-Griller Steak Rub to Taste
- 3 1/3 Cup Cream Cheese
- 4 3 Slices of Bacon
- 5 Shredded Cheese to Taste
Char-Griller ambassador James Llorens of @certified.creole.bbq made this recipe when he was looking forward to the college football playoff. Because his family doesn't like too much bacon on their poppers he came up with just laying a small piece of bacon over the cream cheese filling on the jalapeño.
They came out perfect and he can’t wait to make them again. It was quick, easy and delicious. He used the AKORN Jr to make these as it is the perfect size grill/smoker for these type of appetizer cooks and the grill will burn all day making it easy to make more during the game if you run out!
1. Mix cream cheese, shredded cheese, Char-Griller Steak Rub in a bowl and set aside.
2. Slice jalapeños through the middle to make it boat shaped.
3. Using a spoon remove the pith and seeds to create room for the filling.
Tip: If you like heat then leave some seeds behind. Seeds provide the heat.
4. Fill jalapenos with filling.
5. Slice bacon into small strips then lay it over the filling on the jalapenos.
6. Sprinkle a small portion of the Char-Griller Steak Rub on top of the bacon.
7. Fire up your Char-Griller Grill to 400°.
James used his AKORN Jr & Smokin’ Stone with Fogo Charcoal Premium Lump Charcoal and FOGO Starters to ignite it.
8. Place Jalapeño Bacon Blanket Poppers in the grill/smoker and smoke for 30 minutes or when the bacon is golden brown.
9. Remove and enjoy!