Izzy’s Sweet ‘n Spicy Pulled Pork
Prep Time: 15 Min | Cook Time: 1 Hrs
- 1 7-8 lb Pork Butt
- 2 Pork Rub (PS seasoning notorious PIG is my favorite)
- 3 12 oz Cherry Dr Pepper
- 4 Jalapeño slices
One of the best things about BBQ is that you can personalize it a million different ways. Ambassador Izzy Wofford of @IzzyGrillz took this to the extreme by making this sweet and spicy smoked pork butt. Combining Dr. Pepper, jalapenos and a great rub, this Pulled Pork recipe is sure to be a hit.
- Preheat smoker to 275F (cherry wood is my choice for pulled pork)
- Prep the pork butt by trimming away excess fat, I even remove most of the fat cap.
- Season pork butt and place on smoker.
- Once the pork butt reached 160F internal, place in foil pan, add cherry Dr Pepper and top the pork butt with jalapeño slices, place back in smoker
- Remove pork butt when it reaches 208F internal temp, allow to rest for 30 minutes minimum, shred serve and enjoy!