- - 1 lb. ground chuck
- - ½ lb. ground pork
- - ¾ C. breadcrumbs
- - 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- - 1/3 C. grated Parmesan
- - 1/3 C. grated Pecorino Romano
- - 2 cloves garlic, minced
- - 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley
- - ¼ Tsp. red pepper flakes, optional
- - Olive oil, for brushing
- - Salt and pepper, to taste
- - Marinara sauce, for serving
- - Slider buns, for serving, optional
1. Pre-heat grill to 400°F. Combine chuck, pork, breadcrumbs, eggs, Parmesan and Pecorino cheeses, garlic, parsley, and red pepper flakes in a large bowl and mix by hand until just blended.
2. Roll mixture into 1½” diameter meatballs. Season generously with salt and pepper, to taste.
3. Brush meatballs with olive oil and place on grill. Turn occasionally until well-browned on all sides and cooked through, 2-3 minutes per side.
4. Remove meatballs, serve with your favorite sauce and top with more cheese, if desired.
Alternately, transfer grilled meatballs and sauce to a pan on medium heat and turn to evenly coat. Serve on toasted slider buns, if desired.