Prep Time: 20 Min | Cook Time: 10 Min
- 1 1 lb. ground chuck
- 2 ½ lb. ground pork
- 3 ¾ C. breadcrumbs
- 4 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 5 1/3 C. grated Parmesan
- 6 1/3 C. grated Pecorino Romano
- 7 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley
- 9 ¼ Tsp. red pepper flakes, optional
- 10 Olive oil, for brushing
- 11 Salt and pepper, to taste
- 12 Marinara sauce, for serving
- 13 Slider buns, for serving, optional
1. Pre-heat grill to 400°F. Combine chuck, pork, breadcrumbs, eggs, Parmesan and Pecorino cheeses, garlic, parsley, and red pepper flakes in a large bowl and mix by hand until just blended.
2. Roll mixture into 1½” diameter meatballs. Season generously with salt and pepper, to taste.
3. Brush meatballs with olive oil and place on grill. Turn occasionally until well-browned on all sides and cooked through, 2-3 minutes per side.
4. Remove meatballs, serve with your favorite sauce and top with more cheese, if desired.
Alternately, transfer grilled meatballs and sauce to a pan on medium heat and turn to evenly coat. Serve on toasted slider buns, if desired.