- - (3) 1 lb. extra-large baking potatoes
- - ½ lb. Applewood smoked bacon
- - 2-3 slices of cheddar cheese, or preferred, cut into 1" squares
- - 1 stick butter, melted
- - 1 Tsp. dried minced onion
- - ½ Tsp. garlic powder
- - 1 Tsp. chili powder
- - ½ Tsp. smoked paprika
- - ¼ Tsp. Kosher salt
- - ¼ Tsp. black pepper
- - 1-2 green onions, thinly sliced (optional)
- - Sour cream (optional)
1. Scrub potatoes, rinse and pat dry with paper towel.
2. Fry bacon in a pan to desired crispness according to package directions, drain grease and crumble when cool. Set aside in a small bowl.
3. Combine dried minced onion, garlic powder, chili powder, smoked paprika, Kosher salt and black pepper into a small bowl and mix well. Poke each potato several times with a fork, brush with olive oil and season with rub ingredients, to taste.
4. Wrap each potato in 2 layers of aluminum foil and place on the grill at 400°F for 1 hour to bake.
5. After potatoes are done, remove from grill and slice each potato equally into ½-1” sections, leaving a ½ inch at the bottom.
6. In between each slice, place a small slice of cheese and some bacon. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle your seasoning of choice.
7. Place potatoes in a large cast iron skillet to bake on the grill at 400°F for 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
To serve, top with sour cream, more crumbled bacon and sliced green onions if desired
Recipes developed in partnership with our friends, Ken & Patti Fisher at Date Night Doin’s. Visit their website at www.datenightdoins.com for BBQ and smoking recipes, videos, product reviews, and all things BBQ!