Grilled Watermelon Salad
Prep Time: 20 Min | Cook Time: 10 Min
- 1 Watermelon - Small
- 2 Feta - 4 oz
- 3 Mint - 1 Bunch
- 4 Basil - 1 Bunch
- 5 Limes - 2
- 6 Balsamic - 2 Tbs
- 7 Red Onion - 1 Sliced
- 8 Olive Oil - 3 Tbs
- 9 Salt - 1 tsp
Grilled watermelon might seem like an odd choice, but this refreshing summer salad is a great addition to any cookout. The red onion adds a pop of flavor, and the feta adds a creamy taste and texture. Basil, Mint, and the Balsamic dressing round it all out to make it a great side dish!
1. Slice red onion and place in a bowl of ice water. Leave submerged for 10 minutes.
2. Slice the end off each side of the watermelon. Stand watermelon on its end. Slice the rind off.
3. Cut watermelon into slices.
4. Brush Watermelon with olive oil and set aside.
5. Preheat charcoal grill to medium and oil the grates.
6. Grill the watermelon slices until they are just marked. About 2 minutes on each side.
7. Set aside to cool.
8. In a bowl, whisk together olive oil, balsamic, lime juice, and salt.
9. Roughly chop the mint leaves and basil.
10. Cut watermelon into chunks, add to a bowl.
11. Add feta, herbs, and dressing. Toss gently.
12. Serve right away and enjoy.