Prep Time: 10 Min | Cook Time:
- 1 2 firm, ripe tomatoes (not overly ripe or they will fall apart when you grill them), cut in half around the middle
- 2 Olive oil
- 3 Kosher salt
- 4 Freshly ground black pepper
- 5 4 basil leaves (thinly sliced)
This Grilled Tomato recipe is a great side to add to any dish or simply enjoy as a snack! These grilled tomatoes will elevate any dinner menu. Be sure to prepare a lot if you're cooking for a big family or group because they are sure to go quickly!
- Seed the tomatoes by using your fingers to gently remove the watery pulp and seeds
- Preheat your grill on high heat for direct grilling.
- Season the tomatoes with salt and pepper. Brush the cut side of the tomatoes with olive oil. Brush the grill grate or pan with olive oil as well.
- Place the tomatoes cut side down on the grill surface. Cover the grill and let cook for about 4 minutes.
- Use a metal spatula to lift tomatoes off the grill once they are done.
- Place on a serving dish, cut side up. Drizzle olive oil on the tomatoes and sprinkle with a dash of salt and pepper. Garnish with thinly sliced basil.