Grilled Summer Corn Salsa
Prep Time: 5 Min | Cook Time:
- 1 Shucked Sweet Corn - 4 ears
- 2 Lime - 1
- 3 Oil - 1 Tablespoon
- 4 Cherry Tomatoes, Halved - 1 Cup
- 5 Large Red Onion, Finley Diced - 1/4 of Onion
- 6 Chopped Fresh Cilantro - 1/4 Cup
- 7 Jalapeno Pepper, Finely Diced - 1
- 8 Garlic Clove, Minced - 1
- 9 Olive Oil - 2 Tablespoons
- 10 White Wine Vinegar - 1 Tablespoon
Isabel of Isabel Eats took all the flavors of summer and combined them into one amazing salsa recipe! Fresh, smokey, bright and with just the right notes of sweetness, this salsa is sure to hit the spot.
Growing up in a Mexican household, corn made an appearance on my kitchen table every day in some form or another - tortillas, street corn, cornbread and so many others! This Grilled Summer Corn Salsa is a new and delicious way of preparing fresh corn that’s easy to make and perfect for BBQs. Serve it on top of your favorite grilled meats or as an appetizer with chips!
1. Prepare: Preheat grill to medium-high heat (between 400°F-450°F). Brush shucked corn and lime halves with 1 tablespoon oil.
2. Grill the corn: Grill the ears of corn with the lid closed for 10-15 minutes, turning
occasionally, until corn is caramelized and dark brown spots appear on the kernels.
3. Grill the lime: While the corn is cooking, grill the lime halves cut side down on the cooking grates and remove them after grill marks appear, about 2-4 minutes.
4. Cool: Transfer the grilled ears of corn and lime halves to a large plate and let cool for 5 minutes, or until cool enough to handle.
5. Combine: Cut the grilled corn off the cob and transfer to a large mixing bowl. Squeeze the juice out of the grilled lime halves and add in all of the remaining ingredients. Toss together to combine, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour, up to 8 hours.
6. Serve with tortilla chips, on carne asada, or in a burrito bowl. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.