Grilled Lemon Parmesan Asparagus
Prep Time: 5 Min | Cook Time: 10 Min
- 1 Asparagus - 2 lbs
- 2 Lemons - 2
- 3 Fresh Parmesan Cheese, Grated - 1/4 Cup
- 4 Mixed Greens - 2 to 3 Cups
I love veggies on the grill! Asparagus is currently in season, and that usually means it’s on sale! Stock up on a few bundles, grill it all up, and serve as a side dish to your favorite grilled protein. Then, use the leftovers to transform a salad- I’ll share the method for both! The secret to success here is grilled lemon. Grilling a cut up lemon not only sweetens the juice, but adds a smoky flavor, too. It’s the perfect flavor compliment to the asparagus. Let’s dig in!
1. Preheat grill on high for several minutes with lid closed. While it’s heating, trim ends of asparagus.
2. Pro Tip// The goal with trimming asparagus is to remove the woody stem, but not waste any of the tender stalk.
To find out where the woody part ends, hold the asparagus and apply pressure at the edge, pulling up until 1-2 inches “snaps” off. Use that as a guide to trim the rest of the bunch.
3. Halve lemons. Once grill is hot, place lemon halves, cut side down on the grates.
4. Add asparagus to the grill, and turn every 2-3 minutes until asparagus is softened and charred to your liking.
5. Remove both asparagus and lemons from the grill.
6. Transfer to a serving plate, sprinkling with fresh parmesan, and squeeze the lemon juice, and season with salt and pepper.
7. Transform the leftovers into a quick salad- topping mixed greens with leftover grilled asparagus, cut into bite sized pieces, adding extra parmesan cheese, and more grilled lemon juice as a dressing. Enjoy!