Grilled Fall Salad
Prep Time: 15 Min | Cook Time: 25 Min
- 1 2-3 Chicken Breasts
- 2 1 Delicata Squash, Leave the Skin On!
- 3 2 Apples
- 4 4 Cups of Lettuce of Your Choice
- 5 1/3 Cup of Blue Cheese Crumbles
- 6 1/3 Cup Toasted Pecans
- 7 1/4 Cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 8 1/4 Cup Whole Grain Dijon Mustard
- 9 1/3 Cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 10 1/2 Cup Olive or Avocado Oil
- 11 1 Tbsp Parsley
- 12 Salt & Pepper to Taste
Char-Griller Ambassador and Private Chef Aubrey Johansen of @thatswhatsheeats loves using her Char-Griller every chance she gets. Her salads are no exception. Read what she has to say about her Favorite Grilled Fall Salad:
"I’m a huge fan of one pan meals, and that’s how I feel about the grill- if I can add all my ingredients to the grill for dinner, I’m there. Even though the weather is cooling down, and fall is here, doesn’t mean salad season is over. Today we’re adding some autumnal flavors to the Char-Griller for this amazing Fall Salad. Toss it with a maple Dijon vinaigrette, and you’ll be wanting this on repeat every day! Let’s dig in!"
1. Preheat Char-griller to high flame. While the grill heats, combine all ingredients for dressing/marinade, and pour half of the mixture over the chicken breast- tossing to combine. Let sit for 20 minutes.
2. Slice Squash in half, lengthwise, and scoop out the seeds. Then cut into half moon slices, about half an inch thick. Slice apple into similar size pieces, away from the core.
3. Add chicken to grill and let cook 8-10 minutes on the first side. After flipping, add squash and apples to the grill- turning after 4-5 minutes, and cooking for the last 4-5 minutes. Remove chicken, and grilled sides, and let cool for a few minutes so the chicken stays juicy! Remember- you know your chicken is perfectly cooked when it reaches 165 degrees!
4. After the chicken had a chance to rest, slice, and add to a plate with lettuce, the grilled squash and apples, blue cheese, and toasted nuts. Drizzle remaining dressing on each, and enjoy!