Recipe:Grilled Chicken and Vegetable Kebabs
- - 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- - 1 C. whole yogurt
- - 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- - 1 Tbsp. salt
- - ½ Tsp. ground coriander
- - ¼ Tsp. ground turmeric
- - Pinch red pepper flakes, optional
- - 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- - 3 bell peppers, stemmed and cored
- - 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- - 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- - Flatbread, for serving
- - Fresh mint and parsley leaves, chopped, for garnish
- - Bamboo skewers
1. Rinse chicken, pat dry with paper towel and cut into 2” thick pieces. Whisk together yogurt, butter, salt, coriander, turmeric, red pepper flakes and grated garlic in a medium bowl until smooth.
2.Add chicken and toss to evenly coat. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let marinate at room temperature for 1 hour.
3. Rinse produce. Slice peppers into 2” thick pieces. Toss peppers and onion wedges in a medium bowl with the olive oil, and season with salt, to taste.
4. Soak bamboo skewers in water for 30 minutes. Divide chicken and vegetables evenly between the skewers, alternating between the two.
5. Pre-heat grill to 400°F. Grill kebabs, turning as needed, until the chicken has cooked through, about 15-20 minutes. Chicken is done when internal temperature reaches 165°F.
6. Let rest for 3-5 minutes, then garnish with chopped mint and parsley leaves, and serve with flatbread.