Recipe:Grilled Chicken and Broccoli Stir-Fry
- - 1 lb. chicken breast
- - 8 oz. bottle Italian dressing
- - 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- - 1 head broccoli, stemmed and cut into florets
- - ½ red pepper, sliced
- - ½ green pepper, sliced
- - ½ yellow pepper, sliced
- - ½ red onion, sliced
- - 1 Tbsp. dried basil
- - 1 Tbsp. dried oregano
- - 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- - Olive oil, for brushing
- - Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Rinse chicken and pat dry with paper towel. Pour Italian dressing into a large resealable plastic bag, add chicken and gently shake to evenly coat. Marinate for 2–3 hours in the refrigerator, or best overnight.
2. Rinse produce and pat dry with paper towel. Pre-heat grill to 400°F and brush a grill wok with olive oil.
3. Remove chicken from marinade, cut into 1” thick strips and place in grill wok. Discard dressing.
4. Sear the chicken strips evenly on all sides, until golden brown, for about 3 minutes.
5. Add the broccoli, red pepper, green pepper, yellow pepper, and red onion to the wok and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Mix together basil, oregano and garlic powder in a small bowl to make seasoning and add salt and pepper, to taste. Sprinkle over chicken and vegetables and stir to combine.
Serve over cooked rice and garnish with fresh basil and chopped cashews or peanuts, if desired.