Grilled Cheese with Apples
Prep Time: 10 Min | Cook Time: 10 Min
- 1 Eight Slices of Bread
- 2 Honey Mustard
- 3 Two Apples (Pink Lady or Granny Smith)
- 4 16 Slices of Cheddar Cheese
Grilled Cheese is a classic comfort food. Apples and honey mustard add the perfect bite of acid and sweetness to cut through the gooey cheese and take it to the next level. The grill imparts the whole thing with smokey flavor from the charcoal making this sandwich a hit with the whole crew.
1. Preheat grill to medium heat.
2. Cut apples into thin slices.
Tip: Use a Mandolin to get the slices really thin. Don't forget to use the hand guard!
3. Spread 1 tsp of mustard on one side of each of the slices of bread.
4. Place one slice of cheese on each bread slice and top with apples. Top with an additional slice of cheese.
5. Coat both sides of each of the sandwiches with butter or cooking spray.
6. Place sandwiches on grill and flip after 5 minutes.
7. Remove sandwiches from grill after an additional 5 minutes or when the cheese is melted.
8. Remove from grill and serve.
Yield: 4 Sandwiches