Grilled Breakfast Sandwiches with Blueberry Chicken Sausage
Prep Time: 30 Min | Cook Time: 20 Min
- 1 Ground Chicken - 1 Lb
- 2 Fresh Blueberries - 1/3 Cup
- 3 Fresh Sage - 1 Tbsp, finely chopped
- 4 Pure Maple Syrup - 2 Tbsp
- 5 Butter - 1 Tbsp
- 6 6 Whole Wheat English Muffins
- 7 6 Eggs
- 8 Shredded Cheddar Cheese - 1/2 Cup
Some weeks I’m ahead of the game and prep breakfast for the work week- usually a batch of overnight oatmeal or freezing fruit for smoothies, some weeks, I don’t do anything! While standing in front of the grill today getting some chicken and veggies done for lunches this week- I was wondering how I could make breakfast on the grill while it was hot- keeping me out of the kitchen and outside in the sun a little longer. Bam. Breakfast sandwiches popped into my head.
With blueberries in season, why not add some to this quick & easy chicken sausage recipe. I love the combo of sweet & savory, especially with a schmear of homemade maple butter. Let’s Dig in.
1. Preheat Char-Griller to high. On my Texas Trio, I brought both the propane and charcoal side to fire- using both sides to cook the full sandwiches.
2. While the grill heats, combine ground chicken, fresh blueberries, sage, and half of the maple syrup. Form into 6 even patties and set aside. Mix remaining maple syrup with butter for maple butter.
3. Next, cut English muffins in half, and transfer eggs to a grill safe cooking pan. Top with salt, pepper, and cheese.
4. Once grill is hot, add sausage, English muffins, and eggs. Keep an eye on the English muffins- they only need about 1-2 minutes, just until they’re toasted.
5. The sausage patties need 4 minutes per side, and the eggs will be done around the same time if you close the lid to help them steam.
6. Assemble the sandwiches- apply a layer of maple butter, and egg, and a sausage patty to each English muffin! Serve as is, or wrap in plastic wrap for breakfast prep during the week. You can microwave them for 60 seconds and you have a hot breakfast ready to grab as you head out the door! Enjoy!