Grilled Arrachera Pita
Prep Time: 15 (Plus 3 Hour Marinade) Min | Cook Time: 15 Min
- 1 1-2 Pounds of Arrachera Steak
- 2 Favorite Marinade
- 3 Pita
- 4 Pita Toppings: Tomatoes, Cheese, Onions, Ranch Etc.
Char-Griller Ambassador James Llorens adapted this recipe from another Char-Griller recipe. Quick, fast and perfect for a quick weeknight meal, this recipe is sure to be a hit with the whole family.
1. Make your favorite marinade. James used a combination of Char-Griller Steak Rub, Pompeian Olive Oil, Blues Hog Raspberry Chipotle, McCormick Parsley Flakes & fresh garlic.
2. Place the marinade in a bowl with the arrachera. Set in the fridge for roughly three hours.
3. Fire up your Char-griller Grill and preheat to high heat.
Tip: Arrachera/skirt steak is thin and is best when cooked quickly.
4. Remove the arrachera from the the marinade and allow to get to room temperature.
5. Place the arrachera on the grill over the hot coals for roughly 5-6 mins per side.
6. Remove the arrachera from grill and allow to rest for five minutes. Then chop it up into small pieces.
7. Warm the Pitas on the grill for a few seconds on each side and remove.
8. Create the pita by adding the arrachera and then top it off with tomatoes, onions and then drizzle it with ranch.