Griddle Street Corn
Prep Time: 5 Min | Cook Time: 25 Min
- 1 4 ears fresh corn
- 2 4 slices thick-cut bacon
- 3 1 medium sweet onion diced
- 4 1/2 cup pickled jalapeno
- 5 Optional toppings: Juice of 1/2 lime , 1/2 cup Cojtilla cheese , 1 tablespoon Tajín Clásico Seasoning
Nothing screams Summer quite like corn on the cob. But here’s a recipe to upgrade corn on the cob for mouthwatering, sweet, and spicy street corn that is sure to impress your guests at your next cookout!
- Shuck corn. Take care to make sure all silk has been removed.
- Use a sharp knife and the two bowl method to remove the corn kernels from the cob.
- Stack the bacon slices on top of each other.
- Make a slice down the center of the bacon and then cut across the bacon to dice. The diced bacon should be about a half-inch in length and not much wider than the width of a pencil.
- Dice your sweet onion.
- Roughly chop the jalapeno rings to break them up slightly.
- Preheat your Char-Griller Flat Iron Griddle to medium-high and set it for two-zone cooking.
- Render the bacon first, cooking it to about 80% done.
- Slide the bacon to the cool side of the griddle.
- Sauté the onion in the bacon grease for three minutes.
- Add the jalapenos to the onion and cook for an additional three minutes.
- Slide the jalapeno and onion to the cool side of the griddle.
- Add the corn to the warm side of the griddle and sauté for two minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add a tablespoon or two of water or oil if the corn seems to be sticking to the griddle
- Once corn is charred to your liking, mix everything together, put in a bowl and serve!