Gravity 980 Roasted Turkey
Prep Time: 30 Min | Cook Time: 4 Hrs
- 1 Turkey: 18 pounds
- 2 Butter: 3 Cups
- 3 Creole Butter: 17 oz
- 4 Cajun Seasoning: to taste
- 5 Salt: to taste
- 6 Black Pepper: to taste
- 7 Shallots: 5
- 8 Fresh poultry herb blend: sage, thyme & rosemary
- 9 Chicken Broth: One Cup
- 10 White Onion: 1
- 11 Garlic: 6 Cloves
This Roasted Turkey on the Gravity 980 is perfect for any holiday celebration or backyard cookout!
- Trim the turkey with a sharp knife and remove excess skin and fat.
- Apply melted butter to all sides of the turkey and season with Cajun seasoning, salt and black pepper.
- Stuff the cavity with shallots, onions, garlic cloves & fresh herbs.
- Place the chicken broth under turkey in the pan under the roaster.
- Preheat the Gravity Fed 980 to 400° and allow to heat up for 15-30 mins prior to putting the turkey on.
- Add the turkey into the Gravity Fed 980 and lower the temperature to 350° and also insert the probe into thickest part of the turkey breast and set to cook to internal temperature 165°
- Rotate & baste the turkey hourly with melted butter.
- Cook to internal temperature 165°: takes roughly 4 hours
- Remove the turkey and rest for 45 mins.
- Slice and enjoy!