Gravity 980 Turkey
- 1 1 Turkey
- 2 1 Package of Brine
- 3 3 Sticks of Butter
- 4 1/2 Cup of Honey
- 5 2 Tbsp. of Rosemary
- 6 2 Tbsp. of Thyme
- 7 3 Tbsp. of SPG Seasoning
- 8 Char-Griller Creole Seasoning
- 9 Parsley
Char-Griller Ambassador, Samuel Matthews of @all_bark_all_bite_bbq, shares his Gravity 980 Turkey recipe: "Your family will love you for this turkey, and I hope it lights your taste buds on fire like it did mine."
- Brine turkey according brine instructions.
- Preheat smoker to 325 degrees and add a chunk or two of your favorite wood.
- Remove turkey from brine and rinse.
- Spatchcock or leave the turkey whole.
- Combine two sticks of butter, rosemary, thyme, and SPG seasoning in a bowl and mix well.
- Rub mixture under and over the skin thoroughly.
- Next sprinkle creole rub all over.
- Place turkey on the Gravity 980.
- Cook the turkey until it reaches an internal temp of 150 degrees.
- In a small pot combine butter, honey, and parsley.
- Once the turkey reaches 155 degrees internal temp, drizzle on honey butter.
- Turn grill temps to 375 and continue cooking until internal temps reach 165.
- Remove turkey and allow to rest for 10 min and slice to your desire.