Gravity 980 Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- 1 1 Bone-In Pork Butt
- 2 Big Moe Cason's Pork Rub Barbecue Sauce
- 6 Cole Slaw: 1/2 Head of Cabbage-Shredded, 1 carrot shredded, 3/4 Cup Mayonnaise, 2 Tbsp. Vinegar, 2 Tbsp. Sugar, 1/4 Tsp. Onion Powder, Salt and Black Pepper to Taste
Char-Griller Ambassador, Brandon Carpenter shares his Pulled Pork Sandwiches on the Gravity 980: "I'm making pulled pork sandwiches on my Char-Griller Gravity 980. I smoked a bone-in pork butt slow and low with B & B Charcoal Products lump charcoal and post oak and cherry chunks. I topped the sandwiches with homemade Cole Slaw and barbecue sauce. The results were amazing and I hope you'll give these a try!"
- Shred the cabbage and the carrot and place in a mixing bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Refrigerate until needed.
Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- Heat the smoker to 275 degrees.
- Season the pork butt generously with the rub on all sides.
- Put the meat on the smoker and cook until it reaches 165 degrees internal temperature.
- Wrap the butt in heavy aluminum foil and continue cooking at 275 degrees until the internal temperature reaches 205 degrees.
- Pull the butt off the smoker and place in a roasting pan or rimmed sheet pan. Rest in a 170 degree oven for three hours.
- Remove from the oven and uncover the top of the butt. Once the meat is cool enough to handle, remove from foil and reserve the juices.
- Shred the meat and mix in the reserved juices and more rub to taste.
- Assemble the sandwiches with barbecue sauce and pickles on the bottom bun.
- Add desired amount of pork and top with more barbecue sauce.
- Top with Cole Slaw and the top bun.