Gravity 980 Grilled Lobster Tails
Prep Time: 10 Min | Cook Time: 10 Min
- 1 6 Lobster Tails
- 2 1/3 Cup of Melted Butter
- 3 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 1 Lemon
- 5 1 Tbsp of Parsley
- 6 1 Tbsp of Chives
- 7 1 Tbsp of Minced Garlic
- 8 1 Tbsp of Char-Griller Creole Rub
- 9 1/2 Tsp of Salt
- 10 1/2 Tsp of Pepper
These lobster tails are unleashing the versatility of the Gravity 980, adding some quick “surf” to your weeknight or weekend surf n’ turf.
- To prep lobster tails, using kitchen shears, cut the top of the shell lengthwise down the middle. Using a sharp knife, cut through this slit, halfway through the flesh, excluding the very tip of the tail. Flatten each tail, so the shell opens around the meat.
- Place a skewer through each tail to prevent it from curling during cooking.
- In a bowl, combine butter, parsley, ½ the chives, minced garlic, and Creole rub.
- Line tails on a baking sheet and brush each lightly with oil, salt and pepper.
- Remove the fire shutter from your Gravity 980, load and light the hopper then set to 350°F.
- Place the lobster tails, flesh side down on the grill and allow to cook for 5 minutes.
- Flip each tail over and drizzle the tops generously with garlic butter mixture. Grill for additional 5 minutes or until lobster becomes fully cooked.
- Sprinkle finished lobster tails with remaining chives and serve with lemon wedges. Enjoy!