Gravity 980 Creole Latin Spiced Spatchcock Chicken
Prep Time: 15 Min | Cook Time: 80 Min
- 1 Whole Chicken: any size
- 2 Kitchen Shears
- 3 Olive Oil: few drizzles
- 4 Char-Griller Grills Creole Seasoning: to taste
- 5 Sazon Seasoning: to taste.
- 6 Adobo Seasoning: to taste
- 7 Fresh Cilantro Flakes: to taste. You can also use dry flakes if fresh is not available
- 8 Char-Griller Grills Gravity Fed 980 Charcoal Grill
- 9 Fogo Eucalyptus Lump Charcoal & Fogo Starters
- 10 Smoking wood: optional
Char-Griller Ambassador, James Llorens of Certified Creole BBQ is back with another amazing Creole Latin Spiced recipe. If you enjoyed his Latin Spatchcock Turkey recipe, then this Gravity 980 Creole Latin Spiced Spatchcock Chicken recipe should be at the top of your to-do list.
Prepping & Cooking Directions
Rinse and pat dry chicken.
Trim access fat and skin.
Remove the back bone with kitchen shears.
Apply coating of olive oil to all sides of the chicken.
Add Sazon, Creole and adobo seasonings.
Sprinkle fresh cilantro flakes on to the chicken.
Heat the Gravity Fed 980 charcoal grill with lump charcoal to 400°-450°.
Place chicken in the grill.
Roast chicken until internal 165°, takes about 80 minutes.
Remove the chicken from the grill.
Allow to rest for 15 minutes.
Slice and enjoy!