Pit Boys BBQ Gravity 980 Brisket
Prep Time: 30 Min | Cook Time: 12-16 Hrs
- 1 Char-Griller’s Steak Rub
- 2 Whole Brisket
If you're on the market for the perfect weekend grill recipe for your Gravity 980, this recipe should be at the top of your list. Char-Griller Ambassadors @PittBoysBBQ have you set for the perfect all-day smoke with this classic brisket recipe.
- Trim your brisket, so everything is even and uniform
- Leave ¼ inch of fat on the flat muscle
- Inject the brisket if you wish, we did not
- Season the brisket with Char-Griller’s Steak Rub
- Fire up the Gravity 980 Smoker and set it to 225*F
- Smoke for 2-3 hours before spritzing
- We used beef broth to spritz every hour after the 3rd hour
- Once 165*F internal is reached wrap the brisket in butcher paper and add some smoked beef tallow
- Pro Tip - Save your brisket trimmings and smoke them in a foil pan alongside your brisket. This will render down into beef tallow AKA liquid gold
- Smoke while wrapped until an internal temp of 205*F is reached
- More important, the brisket needs to be able to probe tender
- Let the brisket rest in a cooler for at least 2 hours and go even longer if you can!
- Slice against the grain and enjoy!