Gravity 980 Bacon
Prep Time: 5 Min | Cook Time: 20 Min
- 1 5 Lbs Pork Belly
- 2 1/4 Cup Of Kosher Salt
- 3 2 Tsp Of Curing Salt(Pink)
- 4 1/4 Cup Of Brown Sugar
- 5 2 Gallon Ziploc Bags
- 6 1/4 Cup Of Maple Syrup
Have you ever made your own bacon? If the answer is no, this Gravity 980 Bacon recipe is for you. We warn you though, once you make your own bacon at home, you'll never want to have store-bought bacon again!
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and rub over pork belly and place in fridge.
- Flip bag over once a day and leave in the fridge 5-7 days.
- Remove pork belly from the Ziploc bag and rinse thoroughly.
- Place on a rack and allow to air dry over night in the refrigerator.
- Remove from the refrigerator and allow to come to room temp, fire up the smoker to 200 degrees with your wood of choice.
- Smoke pork belly to 150 degrees. And allow to rest and refrigerate so the fat can solidify.
- Slice bacon to your liking and enjoy.