Garlic-Lemon Chicken Skewers
Prep Time: 15 Min | Cook Time: 15 Min
- 1 1.5 Lbs Chicken (Cut Into Large Chunks Bites)
- 2 1 Brick Halloumi Cheese (Cut Into Large Chunks)
- 3 1 Cup Greek Yogurt
- 4 1 T Olive Oil
- 5 2 Cloves Garlic (Minced)
- 6 1 Lemon (Zested And Juiced)
- 7 1/2 T Dried Oregano
- 8 1/2 T Salt
- 9 1/2 Tbsp Pepper
- 10 4 Pita (Cut In Half)
- 11 2 Cups Lettuce
- 12 1 Large Tomato (Sliced)
- 13 1/2 Cucumber (Sliced)
- 14 1/3 Cup Kalamata Olives
- 15 1/3 Cup Vinaigrette Of Your Choice
Aubrey Johansen, @thatswhatsheeats, shares her Garlic-Lemon Chicken Skewers recipe.
My family and I took a little break this week, a “stay-cation” if you will. We spent a few days in the Florida sun, swimming in the ocean, and catching some R&R. If you’ve ever considered getting an AKORN Jr, I hope this recipe inspires you. Beach eats are always essential for a successful day in the sun, and why not level up your handhelds with a loaded pita- featuring garlic-lemon chicken skewers. We love to take the AKORN Jr. to the beach because it’s portable, easy to use, and stays hot all day, so you can make a s’more before you pack up and head home. Let’s Dig In!
1. Fill AKORN Jr. with Charcoal, and light. Let your grill heat up and scrub your grates clean of debris. Add a thin layer of oil, and let grill do its magic. I usually let my coals and grill heat up for about thirty minutes before cooking.
2. Mix yogurt with lemon juice, olive oil, zest, crushed garlic, salt, pepper, and oregano. Add chicken, and thoroughly combine. You can do this ahead of time, overnight if you have time- Thread chicken onto your skewers, and then on additional skewers, thread your Halloumi Cheese.
3. Place your skewers on the hot grill and cook the cheese for about 2 minutes per side, until char marks form and cheese gets soft. Remove from heat and keep warm on a baking sheet under foil. Cook chicken for 4-5 minutes per side, turning as grill marks form, and pull once temperature is 160 degrees. Let the chicken skewers rest on the baking sheet under foil- allowing the temp to come up an additional 5 degrees, and letting the juices redistribute. Then, grill pita for 1-2 minutes, until warm and pliable.
4. Serve Skewers with grilled pita, and all the fixings. Drizzle with your favorite vinaigrette and enjoy! These Skewers would be great as the main entrée as well, with a side of rice or pasta, and a large tossed salad.