Garlic Citrus & Herb Marinated Flank Steak
- 1 2 lb piece of flank steak
- 2 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 1/2 cup fresh Mexican Oregano (can use regular fresh oregano)
- 4 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 5 1-2 Tablespoons lemon zest
- 6 6-8 cloves crushed garlic
- 7 1 Tablespoon salt
- 8 2 teaspoons cracked pepper
- 9 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
There are countless different ways to season and marinate steak, and this Garlic Citrus & Herb Marinated Flank Steak recipe is a great example of how to do it right. The combination of garlic, citrus, and herb flavors perfectly compliment the savory flavor of the steak.
1. Wash and roughly chop the Mexican oregano. Add that to a bowl along with everything else minus the steak and mix together.
2. Remove your steak from its packaging and pat dry. Trim any unwanted fat and place into a gallon sized bag for marinating. Pour the marinade mixture over the steak, mix the steak around so it gets coated all over. Close and seal the bag and place in the fridge for minimum 4-6 hours or preferably overnight.
3. 30-45 minutes before cooking, remove the steak from the fridge and leave on the counter to get to room temperature. Set your grill up for direct cooking over high heat 450-500 degrees.
4. When grill is to temperature, remove steak and let excess marinade drip off. Do not rinse or pat dry! Place steak on the grill and sear each side for 3-4 minutes. Cook until steak has reach 120 degrees and remove from grill. Place on a plate to rest for 5 minutes and tent loosely with foil.
5. Once the steak has rested, place on cutting board and slice 1cm thick strips against the grain. Plate your sliced steak and serve with your favorite sides or on top of a salad.