Flavor Pro™ Smoked Salsa
Prep Time: 15 Min | Cook Time: 30 Min
- 1 1 Pound Ripe Beefsteak Tomatoes, Wedges
- 2 1 Red Onion, Wedges
- 3 5 Cloves Garlic
- 4 1-2 Jalapenos
- 5 1 Cup Fresh Cilantro Leaves
- 6 2 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 7 Vegetable Oil
- 8 Salt and Pepper to Taste
Skip the store bought salsa and make your own instead! This Smoked Salsa recipe takes a simple classic and turns it up a notch with the versatility of Char-Griller Flavor Pro™ Multi-Fuel Gas Grill!
1. Set up Flavor Pro for 225°F. Add coals and smoking wood to far left slot of flavor drawer. Close the left smoke stack and leave the right stack fully open. Light your coals using gas burners.
2. Place wedged tomatoes, wedged red onions, jalapeno(s), and garlic cloves into a foil pan. Lightly coat with vegetable oil.
3. Place foil pan to the far right of the grill, (opposite the heat source)
4. Smoke for 90 min adding coals and wood as needed to maintain temperature and smoke flow.
5. Add smoked ingredients to food processor. Also add in cilantro, lime juice, salt, and pepper. Pulse until desired consistency is reached. Add more salt and pepper to taste if needed.
6. Refrigerate overnight to allow flavors to mingle and intensify.
7. Serve and enjoy!