Flavor Pro™ Reverse Seared Steak
Prep Time: 10 Min | Cook Time: Varies Min
- 1 4 Ribeyes
- 2 Salt
- 3 Char-Griller Steak Seasoning
- 4 Compound Butter of Choice
Flavorful, juicy and the cooked to the perfect doneness, this recipe for Reverse Seared Steak on the Char-Griller Flavor Pro™ is sure to impress. Slow smoked for the perfect flavor and then seared hot and fast, you'll come back to the recipe again and again.
1. Set up the Flavor Pro for Indirect cooking
2. Add 20 to 25 charcoal briquettes to one side of the flavor drawer
3. Ignite charcoal with gas burners set to medium high
4. Once charcoal is lit, turn off gas burners and allow to fully ash over
5. Prepare the steak by salting and seasoning both sides with Char-Griller steak Rub
6. Add wood chips or chunks to charcoal
7. Show what has been soaked
8. Adjust smoke stacks until temperature is 250 degrees
9. Add steaks to side away from the coals
10. Cook steaks until they reach 115 degrees.
11. Remove steaks from grill and let rest for 5 minutes while you preheat the grill for direct high heat with the gas burners.
12. Sear steaks until internal temperature is 125. Remove from grill and let rest for 5 minutes.