Flavor Pro Italian Sausage Burgers
Prep Time: 15 Min | Cook Time: 15 Min
- 1 2 Tbsp Canola Oil
- 2 1 Large Green Bell Pepper, Sliced Thin
- 3 1 Large Red Bell Pepper, Sliced Thin
- 4 1 Large Yellow Bell Pepper, Sliced Thin
- 5 1/2 Large Sweet Onion, Sliced Thin
- 6 1 Pound Sweet Italian Sausage Meat
- 7 1/3 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 8 1 Large Egg
- 9 2 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 10 1 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 11 2 Tbsp Hot Sauce (Optional)
- 12 1 tsp Salt
- 13 1 tsp Pepper
- 14 8 Slices Provolone Cheese
- 15 4 Italian Sandwich Rolls
The classic Italian sausage sandwich from the fair gets a transformation inspired the American burger! Packed with flavor and topped with provolone, peppers, and onions, this Flavor Pro Italian Sausage Burger from Ambassador Bryan Head is a must try...even if it does confuse you as you eat it.
1. Prepare Flavor Pro for direct heat (medium-high, 350-400°F) For best results, fill all three zones of the Flavor Drawer with charcoal. Light coals using all four gas burners on high. Be sure grill lid is open before you ignite the burners. Keep both smoke stacks open.
2. Heat the oil in a large cast iron skillet on the grill.
3. Add peppers and onions to oil. Cook with grill lid on, for 6-10 minutes, flipping occasionally. Look for peppers to be tender and onions to be translucent and browning on edges. Pull off and set aside.
4. In a large mixing bowl, add sausage, bread crumbs, egg, and seasonings. Combine well with hands.
5. Form into 4 evenly sized patties.
6. Ensure grill is still hot and add more coals if necessary.
7. Cook sausage burger patties 4-5 minutes per side until cooked through. Look for an internal temperature of 150°-160°F.
8. Remove from heat. Add 2 slices of provolone cheese immediately to each burger. Place on the Italian sandwich rolls and top with peppers and onions. Add your favorite condiments. Yellow mustard and hot sauce makes for great additions!