Flavor Pro Hot and Fast Ribs
Prep Time: 10 Min | Cook Time: 3 to 4 Hrs
- 1 2 Racks of Ribs
- 2 Char-Griller Rib Rub
- 3 1 Cup Apple Juice
- 4 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 5 8 Tbsp Butter
- 6 BBQ Sauce of Choice
- 7 Wood Chips of Choice
While the 3-2-1 Method is our go-to, sometimes you want ribs a little faster than that. This Hot and Fast method gets ribs on the table in about 3 to 4 hours without sacrificing any of that awesome BBQ flavor.
1. Remove membrane from ribs and season liberally on both sides with Char-Griller Rib Rub.
2. Set up the Flavor Pro for Indirect cooking
3. Add 15 to 20 charcoal briquettes to one side of the flavor drawer
4. Ignite charcoal with gas burners set to medium high
5. Once charcoal is lit, turn off gas burners and allow to fully ash over.
6. Add a handful of soaked wood chips to charcoal.
7. Using a grilling glove, adjust smokestacks until grill is 300 degrees.
8. Place ribs bone side down on the opposite side of the grill as the charcoal and wood and allow to cook for 2 and a half hours at 300 degrees.
9. Remove ribs from grill and place bone side up on a large sheet of tin foil. Fold up the foil to create a well and add ½ apple juice to the ribs.
10. Add 1/8 cup of brown sugar and 4 tablespoons of butter to the top of the ribs.
11. Close foil tightly around ribs and place back on the 300 degree grill for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
12. Add more charcoal if needed.
13. Remove ribs from foil and place back on grill. Brush with your favorite BBQ sauce and cook for an additional 15 minutes.