Flat Iron® Cheesesteaks
Prep Time: 20 Min | Cook Time: 30 Min
- 1 1 large French bread (cut into two 8" rolls)
- 2 12 oz. shaved beef ribeye steak
- 3 1-2 large bell peppers sliced
- 4 1/2 large white onion sliced
- 5 4-6 pepper jack cheese slices (can sub your favorite sliced cheese)
- 6 Herb seasoning
- 7 SPG seasoning to taste
- 8 Favorite mayonnaise
Cheesesteaks are a perfect easy cook for lunch or dinner. Break out your Flat Iron Griddle and prepare a delicious sandwich!
- Prepare your Char-Griller Flat Iron Griddle for dual range cooking by turning one side to medium high and the other side to medium low.
- Slice your peppers and onions and mix with olive oil to coat and add your herb seasoning.
- Sautee the peppers and onions on the high heat side until they begin to soften and transfer to the low heat side.
- Place your shaved ribeye onto the high heat side and allow to brown for 30-45 seconds, and then start to chop and break up the meat. Season with SPG seasoning and cook until browned with a nice crust.
- When the steak has finished cooking to your liking, section out into individual serving sizes on the low side of the griddle and top with the cooked peppers, sliced cheese, and place a lid on top to melt the cheese.
- While the cheese melts, butter and toast your bread rolls and coat with your mayonnaise.
- When the cheese has melted, use your spatula to scoop the assembled steak, peppers/onions, and cheese into the bread roll and plate.
- Serve with your favorite side and enjoy!