Fire Roasted Salsa
Prep Time: 10 Min | Cook Time: 15 Min
- 1 3lbs Ripe Tomatoes
- 2 2 Large Poblano Peppers
- 3 3 Large Jalapenos
- 4 1 White Onion
- 5 1 Bunch Of Fresh Cilantro
- 6 4-5 Cloves Crushed Garlic
- 7 Juice of 2-3 Limes
- 8 Salt to taste
Smoked Fire-roasted salsa is what you need for your next Taco Tuesday. Its loaded with flavor. Perfect with chips, tacos, burritos and nachos.
- Start by washing all of your produce. Remove the stems from the tomatoes and peppers and set aside. Cut the ends off of the white onion, peel and slice into even thirds.
- Prepare your grill for direct grilling at medium high heat. Place the tomatoes, peppers, and onions directly over the coals and cook until they have an even char to your likeness. Remove from grill and set aside to rest.
- (Using gloves) peel the skin off of the poblano peppers and deseed the peppers. Cut into strips and rough chop the strips. Set aside.
- Cut the top end off of your jalapenos and discard. Cut the jalapenos into thirds and set aside.
- Using a large blender, combine your charred tomatoes, prepared poblano and jalapeno peppers, white onion, 4-5 cloves fresh garlic, and your desired amount of cilantro and blend until uniform consistency. Add fresh lime juice and salt to season.
- Use this salsa on top of your favorite tacos or enjoy with some good tortilla chips!