Faux Apple Pie
- 1 3 Cups Almond Flour (Crust)
- 2 Baking Powder - 3 Tbsp (Crust)
- 3 1/3 Cup Xanthan Gum (Crust)
- 4 1/2 Cup and 1 Tbsp Coconut Flour (Crust)
- 5 Apple Cider Vinegar - 2 Tbsp
- 6 3 Eggs, Whisked (Crust)
- 7 Water - 3 Tbsp (Crust)
- 8 6 Chayote Squash, peeled, cored, sliced thin (Filling)
- 9 1 Cup Lakanto Golden Sweetener (Filling)
- 10 Cinnamon - 2 Tbsp (Filling)
- 11 Nutmeg - 1 tsp (Filling)
- 12 Vanilla - 2 Tbsp (Filling)
- 13 Lemon Juice - 3 Tbsp (Filling)
- 14 1/4 Cup Lankanto Classic Granulated Sweetener (Filling)
- 15 Butter - 3 Tbsp (Filling)
- 16 1 Bag Cinnamon Pecan Lollis Cookie Clusters (Topping)
If you are low-carb, keto or just want to try something new, this Faux Apple Pie Recipe is for you! Made with squash instead of apples, this pie has all the same flavors and textures as a real apple pie with none of the guilt!
1. Mix all wet ingredients in one bowl, set aside.
2. Mix all dry ingredients in large bowl, once dry ingredients are combined, slowly add were ingredients.
3. Mix with a spoon as good as you can, then knead with hands.
4. Shape into a ball, wrap in saran wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
1. Combine in a sauce pan, cook over medium heat for 20 minutes.
2. Add more sweetener if desired.
3. Remove from heat to cool.
1. Roll out dough between 2 sheets of parchment paper until 1/4 inch thin, place in aluminum pie pan - trim edges.
2. Poke holes in crust with fork.
3. Preheat grill to 325-350°.
4. Place pie crust on grill over indirect heat.
5. Cook about 5-8 minutes until crust starts to turn golden.
6. Remove from grill, add pie ﬁlling and even spread the crumbled Lollis Cookie Clusters over the top until ﬁlling is covered.
7. Place pie back on grill over indirect heat for about 25-30 minutes until nicely browned.
8. Let pie cool completely before serving.
Pairs well with vanilla Rebel Creamery ice cream.