Flat Iron® East Meets West Chicken Fajitas
Prep Time: 10 Min | Cook Time: Varies Min
- 1 6 Chicken Breasts, Cut into Fajita Slices
- 2 4 Green Peppers, Cut into Slices
- 3 4 Yellow Peppers, Cut into Slices
- 4 2 Large Onions, Sliced
- 5 2 Packs Tortillas
- 6 2 Eggs
- 7 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 8 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 9 1 tsp Fresh Ginger, Minced
- 10 2 Cups Cooked Rice
- 11 Sesame Oil
- 12 Sesame Seeds
- 13 4 Scallions, Sliced
- 14 Char-Griller Chicken Rub
- 15 Salt and Pepper to Taste
Taking traditional fajita flavors and adding and extra twist to it, you can cook this whole meal on the Flat Iron® at one time! Fried rice, marinated chicken, veggies and toasted tortillas all come together to make this great dish.
1. Pre-heat griddle on Medium High
2. Slice chicken breasts into fajita slices
3. Slice peppers, onions, and scallions
4. Mix together soy sauce, brown sugar and ginger. Pour over chicken in bowl and toss to coat
5. Create 4 cooking zones, high, medium high, medium and low
6. Spread sesame oil on griddle
7. Place chicken on high cooking zone and peppers and onions on medium high cooking zone
8. Season peppers and onions with salt and pepper.
9. Place rice on medium cooking zone.
10. Make a circle of oil, crack two eggs into it. Add Char-Griller Chicken Rub to taste and scallions. Scramble eggs.
11. Add eggs to rice and mix well to incorporate. Add more soy sauce to rice if desired.
12. Check on chicken and vegetables. Flip if needed.
13. Place tortillas on low cooking zone to toast.
14. After chicken reaches 165, remove from grill and build fajitas with chicken, peppers, onions, and rice.
15. Garnish with extra scallions and sesame seeds.