Dr. Pepper BBQ Chicken Wings
Prep Time: 10 Min | Cook Time: 45 Minutes to 1 Hrs
- 1 Chicken Wings - 3 lbs
- 2 1 Tbsp Char-Griller Original Rub
- 3 12 oz. Dr. Pepper
- 4 1/4 Cup Water
- 5 1.5 tsp Brown Sugar
- 6 1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 7 1.75 Cups Ketchup
- 8 1 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 9 1.5 tsp Kosher Salt
- 10 1.5 tsp Coarse Black Pepper
Dr. Pepper is a favorite of Texas Char-Griller Ambassador Sebastian Kaine of @bbqfiends. What better way to enjoy the sweet taste of Dr. Pepper than on some BBQ chicken wings? The Dr. Pepper sauce is sweet with a little heat and always a fan favorite on game day!
1. Dry off chicken wings with a paper towel. Season wings with Char-Griller Original Rub lightly on both sides. Start fire and get grill up to 350 F.
2. Once grill is up to 350 F place the wings on the grill.
3. Pour Dr. Pepper into a small saucepan over medium heat and reduce until a syrupy consistency, approximately ½ cup reduced.
4. Add water, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, chili powder, salt, and pepper to the saucepan and stir until the sauce has melded.
5. Set aside till wings are ready.
6. When the wings hit an internal temp of 165 F – 170 F it is time to remove them from the grill and put in a heat-safe bowl to sauce.
7. Pour sauce mixture onto the wings and toss until all sides of the wings are covered evenly.
8. Place on a serving platter and enjoy!