Double Stack Cheeseburger
Prep Time: 5 Min | Cook Time: 15 Min
- 1 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 Beef/steak all-purpose sauce
- 3 Steak BBQ rub
- 4 1 sweet onion, sliced
- 5 1 tomato, sliced
- 6 2 slices cheddar or pepper jack cheese
- 7 Hamburger buns
- 8 Condiments of choice
1. Place ground beef in large bowl and season to taste with Steak BBQ rub or your favorite rub, and sauce. Mix by hand until just blended.
2. Form 1” thick patties and place on a wax paper lined tray. Place tray with patties in refrigerator and allow to chill for 10-15 minutes.
3. Place the onion slices on the grill at 400°F for 5-7 minutes, flipping halfway through, until tender.
4. Place chilled patties on the grill at 400°F for 3 minutes per side, with a quarter turn halfway through for good sear marks.
5. Top burgers with grilled onions and cheese. Allow cheese to melt and stack one burger on top of the other. Burgers are done when internal temperature reaches 165°F.
To serve, add more grilled onions and cheese if desired, top with condiments of choice and enjoy!
Recipes developed in partnership with our friends, Ken & Patti Fisher at Date Night Doin’s. Visit their website at www.datenightdoins.com for BBQ and smoking recipes, videos, product reviews, and all things BBQ!