Crunchy Juicy Smokin’ Fried Chicharrón Strips Dipped in Guacamole Recipe
Prep Time: 15 Min | Cook Time: 4 Hrs
- 1 Pork Belly Strips: 4 - 5lbs (make sure to leave the skin on)
- 2 Olive Oil: Binder, to taste
- 3 Certified Sazón Mix Seasoning: to taste
- 4 Char-Griller Grills Creole Seasoning: to taste
- 5 5-Minute Avocado Dip: 1 pitted avocado, Juice of 1 lime, Sea salt to taste, and Cilantro to taste. Combine and serve.
- 6 Cast Iron Skillet with a little oil for frying
- 7 Char-Griller Grills XD 8250 Smoker/Grill with lump charcoal and Mesquite Smoking Wood with charcoal basket a drip pan
- Coat all sides of the pork belly strips with olive oil.
- Season all sides of the pork belly with Certified Sazón Mix Seasoning and Char- Griller Grills Creole Seasoning.
- Rest in the fridge while firing up the smoker/grill.
- Fire up the smoker/grill in the main grilling area on the right side of the ash pan with lump charcoal in a charcoal basket and a mesquite wood log atop the cooking grate over the fire.
- Place the pork belly strips onto the cooking grates on the opposite side of the fire.
- Cook the pork belly for 2 1/2 hours, rotating the meat periodically and adding fuel as needed.
- Warm up the cast iron skillet with oil directly over the fire.
- Take your time and fry two pieces or pork belly at a time in the skillet for a few minutes on each side.
- Remove them from the cast iron skillet and place them on the opposite side of the fire for an additional 20 minutes.
- Remove and let them rest for 15 minutes.
- Plate with avocado dip & enjoy every single crunchy, fatty, meaty bite!