Recipe:Crab-stuffed Grilled Flank Steak with Asparagus
- - 2 lb. flank steak
- - 6-8 oz. crab meat
- - 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- - 1 bunch asparagus, divided
- - ¼ C. parsley, chopped
- - 2 Tsp. garlic powder
- - 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- - 2 Tsp. salt, or to taste
- - 2 Tsp. pepper, or to taste
1. Remove any excess fat and sinew from the flank steak. Rinse steak and pat dry with paper towel.
2. Butterfly the flank steak lengthwise, keeping the knife parallel and stopping approximately ½ inch from the other long edge, until the meat can open like a book.
3. Generously season flank steak with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
4. Spread an even layer of cream cheese on the steak.
5. Sprinkle parsley evenly on top of the cream cheese layer.
6. Spread crab meat evenly on top of cream cheese/parsley layer..
7. Starting at one end, roll steak and fillings tightly, and tie securely in multiple spots with kitchen twine. Snip off any excess twine.
8. Brush steak roll with olive oil, salt and pepper, flipping over to evenly coat top and bottom.
9. Place steak on direct heat at 400°F and sear for 2 minutes on each side, rotating a quarter turn each time.
10. Transfer steak to indirect heat side of grill and cook 20-25 minutes until internal temperature reaches 140-145°F.
11. Remove from the grill, allow to rest for 8-10 minutes before slicing in 1”-1½” increments.
12. Cut and remove kitchen twine before serving.
Asparagus1. Rinse asparagus spears and cut off the ends.
2. Coat lightly with olive oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
3. Place asparagus on the grill at 400°F and cook for 4-5 minutes.