Cold Weather Chili
Prep Time: 10 Min | Cook Time: 30 Min
- 1 2-3 Tbsp. butter
- 2 1 lb. ground beef
- 3 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 4 ½ green pepper, chopped
- 5 ½ red pepper, chopped
- 6 (1) 14.5 oz can pinto beans, drained
- 7 Your favorite chili powder or pre-made chili seasoning
- 8 One small can tomato paste
- 9 1 can of your favorite beer (optional) or 1½ C. beef broth
- 10 Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat grill to 350°F. Melt butter in a large cast iron pot.
2. Add chopped onion, peppers, ground beef and pinto beans and cook for 5 minutes, covered.
3. After 5 minutes, uncover and add chili powder or seasoning. Mix well, cover and cook for 10 minutes until meat is browned.
4. Add chili paste and/or tomato paste and beer (optional, or use beef broth) and stir. Cook 15 minutes to reduce and heat through. Add salt and pepper to taste and add water if needed.
Serve with your favorite chili fixings! Enjoy!