Chili Lime & Sazon Smoked Pumpkin Seeds
Prep Time: 20 Min | Cook Time: 2 Hrs
- 1 Fresh Pumpkin Seeds from one Pumpkin
- 2 Char-Griller Grills Chili Lime Seasoning: to taste
- 3 Sazon: to taste
- 4 Olive Oil: Light Drizzle
- 5 Salt: 2 oz
This Chili Lime & Sazon Smoked Pumpkin Seeds recipe from Char-Griller® Ambassador, James Llorens of Certified Creole BBQ, is a perfect fall treat. Combining the sweet, nutty flavor of pumpkins seeds with savory and spicy seasonings, wrapped in the perfect amount of smoky flavor.
- Cut open the top of the pumpkin and remove all the fibrous strands (pumpkin brains) inside and set aside.
- Begin to separate the seeds from the fibrous strands and discard all the fibrous strands and set seeds aside.
- Rinse pumpkin seeds in running water in the sink and continue to discard any remaining fibrous strands.
- In a bowl add 12 oz. water with 2 tsp salt and mix thoroughly. Add the pumpkin seeds to the salt water mixture and place in the refrigerator for 2-24 hours.
- Remove pumpkin seeds from the refrigerator and strain water after soaking for 2-24 hours.
- Add a drip of olive oil to the seeds and stir.
- Add chili lime & Sazon seasonings to taste to the seeds and stir thoroughly.
- Place the pumpkin seeds on a large aluminum tray with a sheet of parchment/peach paper and spread them around them evenly.
- Preheat your Char-Griller Grills XD to 250°
- Tip: Ignite charcoal first, then add your favorite smoking wood.
- Then place the large tray with the seeds to the smoker.
- Maintain your fire at 250°
- Rotate the tray periodically.
- Remove seeds from the smoker after 2 hours of smoking or until golden brown.
- Add a few sprinkles of chili lime and enjoy!