Recipe:Chili Jalapeño Burger
- - ½ C. mayonnaise
- - ½ Tsp. ground white pepper
- - 1 Tsp. garlic powder
- - 1 Tsp. Chipotle chili powder
- - 2 lbs. ground beef
- - 2 eggs, beaten
- - 1 ½ C. all-purpose beef sauce (reserve ½ C.)
- - 1 Tbsp. Steak BBQ rub
- - 15 oz. can chili, preferred (without beans)
- - 2-3 jalapeños, sliced
- - Hamburger buns
- - Cheddar cheese slices
- - Condiments of choice
1. Combine the mayonnaise, white pepper, garlic powder, Chipotle chili powder and ½ C. of reserved sauce in a small bowl. Mix thoroughly.
2. Cover with plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to chill.
1. Place ground beef in large bowl, add eggs and season with 1 Tbsp. Steak BBQ rub, or your favorite rub, to taste and remaining sauce. Mix ingredients by hand until just blended.
2. Form 1” thick patties and place on a wax paper lined tray. Place tray with patties in refrigerator and allow to chill for 10-15 minutes.
3. Prepare chili according to package directions. Set aside.
4. Place chilled patties on the grill at 350°F for 5 minutes per side, with a quarter turn halfway through for good sear marks.
5. Top burgers with cheese and allow to melt. Burgers are done when internal temperature reaches 165°F.
To serve, place a spoonful of chili on each burger and top with jalapeño slices. For another layer of flavor, spread Chipotle mayonnaise on top of the hamburger bun.
Recipes developed in partnership with our friends, Ken & Patti Fisher at Date Night Doin’s. Visit their website at www.datenightdoins.com for BBQ and smoking recipes, videos, product reviews, and all things BBQ!