Prep Time: 25 Min | Cook Time: 1.25 Hrs
- 1 Chicken Legs - 10
- 2 Char-griller Grills Chicken Rub & Loot n’ Booty Everything Rub
- 3 Olive Oil
- 4 Favorite BBQ Sauce
- 5 Charcoal & Favorite Wood for Smoking
Chicken Lollipops might look like something only an experienced chef can make, but they are easier than you think. This Chicken Lollipops recipe has easy to follow steps that will make the perfect Lollipops every time.
1. Using the pairing knife and kitchen scissors, slice above the chicken ankle and slice around bone.
2. Using a paper towel pull back the tendons from the knob of the chicken leg and remove all the stringy tendons.
3. Wrap small piece of foil around the chicken leg.
4. Apply olive oil with brush to all sides of the chicken leg.
5. Season with favorite rubs.
6. Stand up the chicken legs on the baking rack: legs up.
Tip: to avoid issues with the chicken leg standing properly. Place two of them next to each other for support on the knobs of the chicken legs. During and after the cook they will be able stand on their own.
7. Preheat your Char-griller Grill/Smoker: ignite your charcoal using the Char-griller Grills Chimney. Maintain your fire temperature at 350°-400° through out the cook. Add favorite smoking wood atop the grill grate for a lingering smoke.
Tip: offset the fire/charcoal: place you fire opposite side of where your food will be placed.
8. Simply place the baking rack with the chicken leg lollipops on the opposite side of the fire
Tip: Every so often easily move the baking rack in a circular setting for even cooking. Use your Char-grill Grills heat resistant gloves for easy handling.
9. Cook chicken leg lollipops until they reach internal temperature 185° and not the normal 165° temperature for chicken.
Tip: Use the Char-Griller folding probe to take the guesswork out your cook.
10. Warm up your favorite BBQ sauce.
11. When internal temperature has been reached and BBQ sauce is warm, dip and coat the chicken leg lollipops into the sauce until they are nice and saucy.
12. Place the chicken leg lollipops back on the baking rack and in the Smoker/grill for an additional 15 minutes.
13. When done remove the foil from the chicken leg lollipops and dip and coat the chicken leg lollipops in the BBQ sauce one last time.
14. Place on a serving tray and enjoy.
Tip: Allow to rest for five minutes before eating.