- - 1 lb. chicken breasts, filleted in half
- - 1 ½ Tsp. seasoned salt
- - 1 ½ Tsp. dried oregano
- - 1 ½ Tsp. ground cumin
- - 1 Tsp. garlic powder
- - ½ Tsp. chili powder
- - ½ Tsp. paprika
- - 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- - 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- - 1 onion, thinly sliced
- - 1-2 bell peppers, cored, stemmed and thinly sliced
- - Pico de Gallo, for serving
- - Shredded cheese, for serving
- - Tortillas
1. Rinse chicken and pat dry with paper towel. Pour dry ingredients, lemon juice and vegetable oil into a large resealable plastic bag, add chicken and gently shake to evenly coat. Marinate for 2–3 hours in the refrigerator, or best overnight.
2. Pre-heat grill to 400°F. Place chicken directly on the grill and sear for 5-7 minutes on each side, flipping halfway through for good sear marks. Chicken is done when internal temperature reaches 165°F. Remove chicken from grill and wrap in foil to keep warm.
3. While chicken is searing, place 1-2 Tbsp. of oil on a heated cast iron fajita pan. Using a heat resistant grill glove, carefully pick up the pan and spread the oil around evenly. Place the onions and peppers on the pan and sauté for 5-7 minutes until softened.
4. Toast tortillas on warming rack for 5 minutes. Unwrap chicken from foil and slice into 1” thick strips.
To serve, spoon a layer of Pico de Gallo and cheese on tortilla. Top with a layer of peppers and onions and add chicken. Enjoy!
Recipes developed in partnership with our friend James Rhoades. Visit his YouTube channel, The Brew-Q for BBQ and smoking recipes, videos, product reviews, and all things Brew & BBQ!